Home-Styling | Ana Antunes: Paris Deco Week - Part III - Amazing People

Monday, January 30, 2012

Paris Deco Week - Part III - Amazing People

In this last post about Paris I have to tell you about some amazing people I met there.

 ***

Este é o último post sobre a viagem a Paris e não podia deixar de mencionar os  meus fabulosos encontros imediatos!





1. (photo) 

That is Me and Erin Tubridy Gates from Elements of Style. And about this encounter with Erin I can only tell you ‘Be careful for what you wish for!' I remember thinking... ‘I wish I could ever have the chance to meet Erin but we are so far away... She lives in Boston and I’m in Lisbon. There was one in a million chances that could happened! She was for a long time the only blog I knew and visited everyday. She was the first ever to post about my house too. She is an amazing talented decorator, stylist and blogger. Going thru the fair I spotted her husband and then her and also her father! I was so thrilled. I guess I felt like the people that recognize-me me from tv and come to smiling and asking if they can talk to me. 

I did not want to sound too clumsy with words because I was kind of nervous and my English could sound weird but I was so happy to find her and also to meet her father too. First because he is a very talented architect from the Boston Area, please visit his amazing work at New England Architects (here).  

Second because one day I sobbed very hard reading about Erin’s father speech at her wedding. It was 'the most epic father of the bride speeches ever given' as she described it and It’s something I will not forget. I never met my father so these amazing father to daughter stories always move me. You are such a blessed girl Erin!... If your father ever considers adoption please let me know! I can be his European adopted daughter! Please take a moment to read the post where Erin talks about her childhood and wedding, it's a bit long but do take the moment to read it because it is worth it.

***

1. (foto) 
 Eu e Erin Tubridy Gates do blog Elements of Style e o que vos tenho a dizer sobre isto é, "Tenham cuidado com o que desejam!" pois lembro-me pensar ... 'Gostava tanto de um dia ter a oportunidade de conhecer a Erin, mas estamos tão longe ... Ela vive em Boston e eu em Lisboa!... Havia uma em um milhão de hipóteses de nos conhecermos! O Elements of Style, foi por muito tempo o único blog que eu conhecia e visitava todos os dias e a Erin também foi a primeira a fazer um post sobre a minha casa. Ela é uma decoradora com muito  talento, stylist e bloguísta. Conhecíamos-mos por mail mas como é obvio nunca combinámos este encontro. Ao atravessar a feira avistei seu marido e, em seguida, ela e o pai também! Eu fiquei tão contente que me senti como as pessoas que me conhecem da televisão e me abordam na rua mas que ficam meio nervosas e sem jeito... 

Eu não quis que o meu inglês me atraiçoasse e porque estava meio nervosa por isso nem tive oportunidade de lhe dizer o quanto estava feliz por conhecer o pai dela também! Primeiro porque ele é um arquiteto muito talentoso da área de Boston, vale a pena visitar o site dele e as casas maravilhosas que ele faz na New England Arquitetos (aqui).

Segundo, porque um dia a ler um post que a Erin fez sobre os seus problemas de infância e sobre o seu casamento desatei a soluçar com o discurso que o pai lhe fez no dia do casamento. Acho que foi o discurso mais épico dos discursos dos pais nos casamentos das filhas, como ela descreveu. Foi algo que nunca esqueci pois nunca conheci o meu pai e histórias como estas de pais incríveis, deixam-me sempre lavada em lágrimas. Vejam (aqui) e se tiverem um pouco de paciência e para ler em inglês vale a pena a leitura. 




2. (photo) 
I first found Marijska Meijers about 6 months ago thru her blog called 'I used to be snow white but I drifted'! Isn't that a cool name? Marijska is an artist and designer from Amsterdam and I found it so funny to spot her at Maison et Objet because I actually knew her work from the blog world.

I was happy to have the opportunity to see it in person. It was nice talking to her and next time I go to Amsterdam I gotta see the rest of it. You have to check out her beautiful work.

***

 2. (foto) 
A primeira vez que encontrei a Marijska Meijers foi há cerca de 1 ano atráz através de seu blog chamado "I used to be snow white but I drifted'! que significa qualquer coisa como 'eu costumava ser a branca de neve mas tive um desvio'!! o nome é engraçado, chamou a minha atenção e  descobri na altura que a Marijska era uma artista e designer de Amsterdão (a segunda cidade do meu coração) e qual não foi o meu espanto ao passear pela feira encontrei um stand dela na Maison et Objet. Fiquei contente por conhecê-la em pessoa e mais uma vez o mundo dos blogs estava a contribuir para um mundo global.


3. (photo) 
'Last but not least'. That is me with my most talented/brave/interior designer/friend Ana Cordeiro. Yup she was awesomely brave to decide and have her own space at Maison et Object with her very own retail collection to sell to retailers all over the world. Wow isn't that cool! Her furniture collection it's gorgeous! I'll Show you pictures tomorrow.

 ***

3. (foto) 
E agora 'last but not least' Sou eu com a minha mais talentosa/corajosa/designer de interiores e amiga Ana Cordeiro. Sim neste momento difícil que o nosso país atravessa economicamente, diría que é um impressionante ato de coragem decidir ter seu próprio espaço numa feira internacional como a Maison et Object, e com sua coleção própria para vender a retalhistas em todo o mundo. Wow! E estava lindo o espaço!... Eu vou mostrar fotos sim pois já sabia desta grande novidade e levei a minha máquina mais pro para podermos tirar fotos das boas e mostrar aqui no blog! Esperem pelo post de Amanhã!


 Até Amanhã!

Ana Antunes
(Thank you for sharing my passion for beautifull homes) 

6 comments :

  1. How exciting to meet some of your fave bloggers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are always so kind and generous to others Ana.
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I'm pretty sure the whole trip would've been worthwhile to just meet Erin...not only do I think she is an amazingly talented designer, but she is one of the most brilliant bloggers out there. There are so many of her personal posts that I will never forget...she is one gifted gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deve ser mesmo com um entusiasmo fora do normal que de repente encontramos numa feira internacional como a Maison et object, pessoas talentosas, cujo trabalho seguimos e admiramos e que admiram igualmente o nosso... Acredito que deva ter sido emocionante!...
    Parabéns à Ana Cordeiro, pela coragem de estar presente com o seu excelente trabalho!...
    Quanto às fotos serem só para amanhã...NÃO VALE!!!! O amanhã é já à meia-noite?? Vou cá voltar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Se for à meia-noite, cá estarei, se não, Até amanhã! Obrigada por partilhar connosco, Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sound like a dream to have been at the maison et objet. Well done to mariska meijers and ana cordeiro, wonderfull booths!
    Nice you have met Erin, I like her blog a lot!
    Many xoxo Chantal

    ReplyDelete

Comments here:

Blogs do Ano - Nomeado Decoração